Saturday, April 21, 2007

Amidst the hectic revision, I'd like to set aside some time to blog about how deeply thankful I am for everything that's present right now in my life.

I'm thankful for the horrid friendship break that happened a long while ago. Without that, I wouldn't be more critical (in a good way) about my own friendships in the way I treat others, see the flaws in existing relationships and try to work on them, etc.

I'm thankful for my wierd gifted family. My siblings who keep me young with their angsty outbursts of teenhood experiences, love lost, found and bored-over, and critical questions of seemingly undogmatic circumstances. My parents, who shuttle between pasionate youth-kindled idealism and world-weariness. I know in some ways, they're still learning. I'm also thankful for the sacrifices they've made in bringing all of us up.

Heck, I'm even thankful for my grades. It's made me channel more energy and questioning about my motivations than I've ever done before.

I'm not satisfied, but I'm happy. And for now, I'll be contented with that. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.