Friday, January 26, 2007

Sometimes I'm just bugged by this feeling of constant mediocracy or rather, not feeling up to the standards of some random people around me. The annoyance is targetted at myself, but for simplicity's sake, I tend to take it out on others around me. It's just so much simpler that way. So here goes: I may not appear as smart as you think smartness is portrayed, or wise as the wisest of people should be, of capable, or credible or conscious of what's the best out there, but I still have my basic sense of self-respect. Heck, I do respect and like myself the way I am. So quit making me feel so lousy about myself, alright?

Also, it's kinda hard for trust to flourish if one doesn't even try to listen before judging. Sometimes it's just so easy to judge for fear of the unknown, yeah? It takes great courage to watch, listen wholeheartedly and be perceptive and not judge. And be able to admit you're in the wrong sometimes, that your perceptions may be subjective and wrong in the eyes of others. I guess the least I can do is to not judge you, in judging me.

This is a damn insecure post.

No comments: