Thursday, August 10, 2006

RAHIMAH RAHIM is out! how dumb is that? She's the only one after Matilda who could really sing! i mean, ok, Jon and Hady has the technique and experience that gives them the persona to be a good singer, but in terms of RAW vocal ability, Rahimah beats them hands down!! I honestly think singapore idols doesn't polish up the contestants ability well enough. It's just a lame stunt at making money. I'm ASHAMED at all of you!! eurgh. at least be a decent attempt at showing singapore's best by at least polishing them up! even american idol makes the contestants practice with the greats! this one, just meet, shake hands, talk talk, wish good luck and BYE. where's the honest sincere attempt to IMPROVE their singing capabilities? BLERGH.

On the flipside, think SG is an honest look at teen culture now. The face of Singapore in twenty years...more mixed kids, english speaking malays..hukhuk.., and as usual the most educated are chinese ppl, and a pretty homogeous culture. And the jibe at JA by hossan leong on Rated E is soooo funnnaayyy! He's my fav local comedian of all time.

okay, so AGM is tomms. Honestly, I'm not sad or anything. I feel that I've learnt what I did aling the way, and this isn't the end of the journey for all of us. Over time I realised that it's not about proving what I wanted out of MS could become true (which was pretty selfish of me) but it's a journey that we all have to take to become better Muslims-fighting your own battles, finding your own niche, realising your strengths, compromises with those around you while working together, making and breaking new vows along the way as you stumble along to who you'd wanna be and what you'd wanna achieve, learning new things within every single person you meet, caring about and giving to society-all those ideals that everyone sincerely believes in at any one point in time. And the journey won't end as we handover to the new batch tomorrow. It's what everybody has to go through through the years anyway. But all in all, it was pretty memorable...especially with the people I managed to get to know along the way. =)

No comments: