Tuesday, June 06, 2006

If it makes you happy...

I hate to be a prick at the moment, but some things have really been bugging me and I just have to let it rant here.

When you ridicule someone's looks on your blog, it's just plain hurting.

When you ridicule someone's integrity and background, it's just plain L.O.W.

Why am I making such a big fuss over this? Simple.

Everyone has their own circle of influence. No matter how small, or wide, depending on your personal charm basically. And whatever you do has an influence on someone else. You're pretty simply because those around you are plainer than you by societal norms. You're large simply because people around you are smaller in size. My point is, whatever you do or say has an impact on at least one person, whether you intend to or not. We don't live in a vaccuum, dammit.

I just can't believe how irresponsible and insensitive people can be in their comments just to simply prove their point. If one person has been irresponsible enough to do something bad to you, you should react merely to prevent yourself from getting affected anymore. You don't do anything to aggrevate the situation just simply to prove you're superior morally or intellectually or whatever else that defines you as a person. Nobody truly confident would ever resort to throwing insults at someone else.

-***-
I guess I somehow figured there are more important things to life than what I'm mulling about right now. The question I asked about a year ago has been answered. I don't have to chase the high road just to be happy. I'm not a competitive person by nature. I'm contented when I'm connected to people.

-***-

All there is to life has already been written for you. There'll be life after death, and all of us would enter either Jannah or Hellfire. The only thing that would bring you closer to Jannah if your destiny is otherwise, would be good deeds.

This sums up basically what I'm feeling right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbBQAIgAEGU

No comments: