Thursday, June 01, 2006

values all at the end of it

aks i think i fall in and out of love too easily. Hrm, big word. too big.

Anyway darlings, have to update! ok first up, yesterday's shopping trip..which was a good blast! i need a new concept for this year. last year was dresses..wore at least one per week all thanks to my lovely mom who bought me four dresses on mah birthday! and i got one fabulous one thanks to four deasome ppl who bought me one! yay! love it love it..so anyway, i still have not figured out a new concept yet. it's got to be feminine, and fresh. hrmpf.

next: Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

spot ten differences in this picture ;)
.
.
.
.
.
thank you for participating. now you've moved on to the miserable camp who concedes that Aisyah and Tuty do NOT look alike.

hehe i really don't know what to expect next from my friendship with this babe. Only God knows how many times we've squabbled and stepped on each other's toes and made up everytime we have to work together, or simply discussing about what we'd want out of MS and its members. All the virtual screaming and passionate debates saved in email form...haha I'm gonna cry when I re-read those next sem.

You know how MUIS somehow reminds me of The Ministry of Magic. yes yes, the Harry Potter one. It's not about what they do of course, it's more of the culture, and the ambience of the place. Went down there on MOnday with Kak Aishah and Ridhwan to settle admin details for the internship programme with MUIS. Anyway, lets state the ways (shall I compare thee to a Summer's Day style..hehehe)...

1. The headquarters. You know how in Harry Potter, it's always stuck in between muggle buildings and there's like some secret pathway to get there? Well, the MUIS headquarters reminds me of something like that. It's not exactly secretive, but its beside an expressway, and it's kind easy to get lost on the way there.

2. The structure of the organisation. The Ministry of Magic had like Ministry of Muggle affairs which deals with external public affairs dealing with non-Muslims, and also MUIS has an asset managements cluster which reminds me of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures..I mean, the assets they're talking about are different...but still...

It's definitely similarities in minority organisations...only MOM has more control and say about what's actually legalised in the wizarding community, while MUIS mostly enforces guidelines, but doesn't have the power to enforce them on MUslims in SinGapore...

3. The spirit of the people, there's just a one united feeling..like they're bonded in some way. Internally driven and even if they look haggard from all the work they do, there's a certain sense of positive vibrancy. The place kinda buzzes with a quiet electricity.

All in all, I think MUIS is getting really cool to reach out to the community nowadays..haha

And X Men 3 rocks my yellow toe socks! I loved the whole sacrifice for a bigger cause all the characters had to make in the end, and the speech someone gave somewhere in the middle made me tear badly. I think it was the best movie I've seen since Land BEfore Time. You know the one where the baby dinosaurs found their way to their parents back at the end.

Been crying internally cause of my results. I keep rattling back and forth back and forth. I see the big picture, but I'm unsure of the steps on how to get there for now. What do I do these next few years would be decided upon these next few weeks. Crossroads, but well, ain't every moment one too if you let it be?

No comments: